AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AP Euro forum created of the students, for the students, and by the students!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
RAWR! The Stip dinosaur declares that review mode starts now!

Core Structure worksheet #15

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thanushi
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Core Structure worksheet #15 Empty
PostSubject: Core Structure worksheet #15   Core Structure worksheet #15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Can someone give me some some overview reasons on "the decline of the H.R.E. as a force in European politics from 1517 to 1648?"

Im just stuck on that.
Back to top Go down
Chris Solanoツ (Mod)
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Chris Solanoツ (Mod)

PostSubject: Re: Core Structure worksheet #15   Core Structure worksheet #15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Core Structure worksheet #15 Icon_study From my understandings of the question, i would have to say that one of the reasons why the HRE declined as a political force was because of the rise of Protestantism. The rise of other religions made the HRE focus more on religion then on politics.

-Remember that 1517 was when Luther nailed his 95 thesis on the church door, which basiclly started Protestantism

-And 1648 was when the Treaty of Westphalie was created which renewed the Peace of Augsburg and let any prince chose any religion that he wanted for his state either catholicism, lutheranism, or calvanism.

Hope i helped and someone please correct me if im wrong Core Structure worksheet #15 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Ahsan Kazmi
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Ahsan Kazmi

PostSubject: Re: Core Structure worksheet #15   Core Structure worksheet #15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

You may also want to incorporate the results of the Hapsburg-Valois War and the Thirty-Years War.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Smells Like Teen Bonaparte
Smells Like Teen Bonaparte
Henry

PostSubject: Re: Core Structure worksheet #15   Core Structure worksheet #15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Also, I'd like to point out that the other countries were leaving the HRE in the dust, as well as leaving the HRE out of their political affairs. The Spanish Armada's a good example for support. You know the Spanish didn't successfully invade England, but there are some results. Spain built a much better armada of ships later on, and the English felt more nationalistic. So basically, the HRE is starting to slowly be out of the picture, like Spain.
Back to top Go down
https://apeuro.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Core Structure worksheet #15   Core Structure worksheet #15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Core Structure worksheet #15
Page 1 of 1