AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AP Euro forum created of the students, for the students, and by the students!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
RAWR! The Stip dinosaur declares that review mode starts now!

A new idea!

Go down 
+7
gorlia012
kelseyelizabeth
Akber (Admin)
Chris Solanoツ (Mod)
Ahsan Kazmi
StacyB.
Henry
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry
Smells Like Teen Bonaparte
Henry

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 pm

I've heard that 3rd period wants to breakup the core structure worksheets amongst themselves. However, 6th period has more dissenting views on this (by dissenting, I mean a couple of us with somewhat more influence Smile)

Anyways, I hatched an idea. Even if we do agree to this idea, why don't you post up your core structure worksheets in this forum, besides Edmodo? We'd all benefit from reading it, and that means more 9s on the next FRQ, hopefully. Maybe you could post up FRQs from Unit 1 and 2, so that could come in handy for the AP exams/finals.

I wanna hear opinions from you guys. How's it sound?
Back to top Go down
https://apeuro.forumotion.com
StacyB.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:46 pm

I thought about our options and I realized that we should vote for everyone doing one instead of all of us doing 33 cores structure worksheets each and here are the reasons why:
1) We will have more time because we will not have to deal with 33 FRQ's. The more time we have, the more studying time we have.
2) We ALL have to make one perfect core structure worksheet, which means, we will have good examples to look to for our FRQ Test.
3) We will be able to look upon other examples, and lets say that you do not like their example then you can do your own on your own time before the test, without having the burden of turning it in on time.
4) If everyone does one, then you will have more time to do the Earn the conversion.

This is just my opinion. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ahsan Kazmi
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Ahsan Kazmi

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 am

Yes, Henry your idea does sound rather creative, and I believe that it may be benefecial to all of us if we post our core structure worksheets onto the forum.

I still have my oringal core structure worksheets from Unit 1 saved on my computer, and I can post those ones if you prefer. However, I did not type the Unit 2 core worksheets, and therefore i can not post those ones onto the forum. I will be typing the core structure worksheets for Unit 3, and I possibly may post those ones onto the forum also. A new idea! Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Ahsan Kazmi on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Solanoツ (Mod)
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Chris Solanoツ (Mod)

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 am

all of your ideas sound great, but i agree with Stacy. If we all just do "one perfect FRQ" then we can dedicate most of our time in that one, plus we would have alot more time to study and do the earn the conversion.

We should just vote yes to split the work, and post any other FRQs we want to do on here, so that others can read throught it and expand there knowledge on the subject there having a hard time on.
Back to top Go down
Akber (Admin)
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Akber (Admin)

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: thinking....   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:21 am

I don't think we should post our core worksheets on the forum. All the lazy people may disagree with me. I think that the lazy people will just look off of the smart people's worksheets online and not to the work. They just gotta memorize and steal other people's work A new idea! Icon_mad . Anybody who isn't lazy and agrees with me?
Back to top Go down
kelseyelizabeth
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
kelseyelizabeth

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:15 am

i personallllllly think we should do each one ourselves.
if we work so hard to make that one perfect one, yeah we're gonna know our stuff but i know that i'm not going to take the time to study everyone else's as much as i worked on the one that i had to do. so i won't have an understanding on all the other possible FRQ's.
i don't know aboutcha'll but from personal experience having to take the time to do the FRQ's (the night before) really like, makes the information STICK into my brain cause i'm having to think and write it down over and over.
plus, if i'm going to have to study them i'd rather get the credit for just writing them out on one of the core structure worksheets. ya know? helps out your graaaade!

IN CONCLUSION: vote for each one separate (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kelsey_yk
gorlia012
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
gorlia012

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:24 am

Well im in 3rd period and when majority of my class voted to split the work i thought it wouldnt help because all we are doing is just one perfect one but then again when i thought about this option im pretty sure it will help because then we have time to work on it and even study the time we need for the FRQS. But one problem is that we should have a certain time to finish the FRQS so we can all get the information we need before the day of the UNIT 3 FRQ. so we have to really think if this would help because not all of us will finish it the time we need to study for it...so think about the time management and what we need to do so that everyone will have the time to study off of it?...

so im neutral..i dont know yet..i would rather do all by myself but then i would only want to do one perfect one and study from others.
A new idea! Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
omar
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
omar

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:01 am

In 6th period, i think we should do 1 perfect one each and share on Edmodo. There are a lot of different reasons. Such as, people will be able to work on Earn the Conversion, (if everything goes right) we would all end up with "perfect" core structure worksheets, and finally, because we could consider other perspectives on a topic. Also, after we post it up, we can give input to others' on this forum. We can help them improve. Basically, we should do one "perfect" csw each. Please agree with me, even though i am lazy.
Back to top Go down
Genelikespie
Contributor
Contributor
Genelikespie

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: what we should do my opinion   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 am

I personally think that we should just do them all ourselves. We would be able to go through the McKay, reread the text, go back over all your notes, and etc. Doing this may be more work however it will prove to be more efficent in the long run. It would help your Multiple choice grade go up because you go through all your past notes and through the mcKay over and over again. However, doing 1 is a good idea which shortens the work load and it may be "perfect" so you can memorize it, but what are you doing to yourself then?
Were going to take an AP EXAM with FRQS! Wouldn't it be better to have done all those FRQ's yourself then trying to remember what other people wrote for you? Also the "Earn THE CONVERSION" doesn't take long if you spend your time wisely and do the questions that Mr.Stip assigns for reading that day. It only takes long if your LAZY!!!!!! and do them last minute or do them all at once. This is an AP Class and doing a-lot of work was expected the moment you joined if you weren't prepared for this maybe an AP class isn't in your alley way? Anyways i think we should do them all ourselves even if we all do 1 perfect one i know im still doing all of them myself so ill check if i did it right with the perfect ones and make corrections as needed if there are some mistakes on the ones that i made, but by doing my own and taking a look at the perfect ones i would be able to have and memorize more facts and information i can post on the FRQ so in the end i think it will be a win win situation A new idea! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Henry
Henry

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Genelikespie wrote:

Were going to take an AP EXAM with FRQS! Wouldn't it be better to have done all those FRQ's yourself then trying to remember what other people wrote for you? It only takes long if your LAZY!!!!!! This is an AP Class and doing a-lot of work was expected the moment you joined if you weren't prepared for this maybe an AP class isn't in your alley way?

I'd have to go with what Gene says. But my idea is:
-We do all 33 on our own.
-We post up just one of them on Edmodo/forum.
-We help each other out and make a 'perfect' set of core structures on the site, so we can all go and look at the 'perfect' CSWs.
Back to top Go down
Ahsan Kazmi
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Ahsan Kazmi

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 pm

I definitely agree with Gene, and I prefer the idea of doing the core structure worksheets individualy. However, Henry's idea of posting them on the forum is also innovative. This is because we can use the core structure worksheets on the forum to check and compare with our own worksheets. We can benefit from this, because it will provide us with a signifficant amount of facts and ideas to use on our FRQs. This will prepare us for the Unit tests and ultimately the AP Test.
Back to top Go down
Anna.bcde
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Anna.bcde

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 am

I see where everyone is coming from, but I stand by my vote that we are all required to do one well-done FRQ worksheet.

As a class, we have already figured out that students understand the structure of a good essay. We've been taught how to write these essays since the fourth grade. Start with a thesis, expand, provide evidence in separate body paragraphs, &&& presto; we get it. It's memorizing the content with which we struggle.

I feel that only having to do one FRQ worksheet and having all thirty-three "perfect" ones to study from will be beneficial, because we'll have more time to read, review, and memorize the content-- rather than scrambling and stressing to do thirty-three of them & then not having much time to really go over them.

And hey, if we do this and it turns out to be not so beneficial, we can just declare "FAIL" and go back to doing all of them ourselves, yes?

Soo, yeah. Let's give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
kari(:
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
kari(:

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:25 pm

At first i thought that as a class, to do one FRQ. For the lazy people (because i am one myself) it will benefit ourselves a lot. but i have also been thinking about the other option too. I've read all these opinions and they are all good.

Henry: Your idea is great, but as Akber said, thats not going to make us learn.

Gene: I think that you have changed my mind. We really have to do all of them to really understand. we are going to have the test ans we wont know which ones. the "earn the conversion" doesnt take long. I've been doing them whenever im bored or have free time instead of wasting it on the TV. and the only thing you do, is to read and find answers. That's it!

Sooo as MY opinion is that we do all of them. More information, and it prepares us instead of taking someones work.

and Akber: im lazy and i agree A new idea! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Henry
Henry

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm not happy with it, but it's official now. We picked FRQs today. Maybe the people who are doing FRQs first could post theirs up onto Edmodo as well as this site for people to see?
Back to top Go down
Akber (Admin)
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Akber (Admin)

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: FRQs   A new idea! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 am

Yeah! GO KARINA!! And everyone else who agrees with me.
Well it's official now but maybe learning isn't the real thing, maybe getting the A is. The ends justify the means! RIght?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new idea!   A new idea! Empty

Back to top Go down

A new idea!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AP EURO 2009-10 :: Discussion Threads :: AP Euro 2009-10 :: Core Structure Worksheets-
Jump to: