AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
My peep! How's it been? Check back soon!
AP EURO 2009-10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AP Euro forum created of the students, for the students, and by the students!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
RAWR! The Stip dinosaur declares that review mode starts now!

Core Worksheet Numero 8

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QJanet
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
QJanet

Core Worksheet Numero 8 Empty
PostSubject: Core Worksheet Numero 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:30 am

For core worksheet on number 8, what are some of your opinions. I put that it rejected secular spirit because secular tends to test the beliefs of the church as they wanted to find the ultimate explanation of everything.

I'm having problems finding more topics to talk about in my other two body paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
Akber (Admin)
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Akber (Admin)

PostSubject: FRQ #8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:45 am

If you wanted to defend the statement; you could provide examples that were not secular. Ideas such as Baroque Art, which
was very much religious rather than secular. Another example would be the objectives of the movements that occured, all these
rejected thesecular spirit, and brought a religious subject to everyday lives

this is Akber; me and Henry are the Admins so any of us could be answering your question Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://apeuro.forumotion.com
Henry
Smells Like Teen Bonaparte
Henry

PostSubject: Re: Core Worksheet Numero 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 am

I guess I'm gonna answer then. Razz

Personally, I think that that it didn't really REJECT the secular spirit as much as detract it, or distract it. Notice how the Reformation turned attention to the church, and even using art besides secular purposes, as Akber put it. Less and less people turned heads towards securing power, and theologians focused on religious debate.
Back to top Go down
Ahsan Kazmi
Somewhat Contributor
Somewhat Contributor
Ahsan Kazmi

PostSubject: Core Worksheet 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:57 am

Personally i believe that you should express how the Reformation did both, accept and reject the secular ideas of the Italian Renaissance. This will be beneficial to you, because you will receive more topics to create an articulate response on, and your response will include more detail.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Henry

PostSubject: Re: Core Worksheet Numero 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:52 pm

To create less ambiguity, I think that you should definitely choose a side. In my opinion, a well-structured essay doesn't go back and forth from 'agree' to 'disagree'. Choose the side that you think that you can adequately defend, and it'll help you in the long run.
Back to top Go down
QJanet
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
QJanet

PostSubject: Core Worksheet Numero 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:41 am

Thanks everyone. Now I'm going to have to decide which I should do; defend one side, or try to disagree and agree. Thanks Akber for the idea of Baroque Arts.
Back to top Go down
vashti007
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
vashti007

PostSubject: core wksht #8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:15 am

i personally don't think the Reformation was a complete rejection to the secular spirit of the italian "Renaissance" because

*reformation ideas are still a bit like the secular spirit such as the criticism of the church [wordly popes]
*they both were trying to focus more on the holy scriptures
*they differ because more actions were taken during the reformation in contrast to the italian renaissance [martin luther vs.erasmus]

p.s if any of these ideas aren't exactly what the question asks for feel free to add on and give me pointers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Core Worksheet Numero 8   Core Worksheet Numero 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Core Worksheet Numero 8
Page 1 of 1